December 13, 2010

'Tis the Season

I've never been in a book club, a gourmet restaurant group or a knitting circle. As a former scoffer of all things 'girl power', I can now say, I'd really like to be. This weekend I threw my favorite kind of a party. A group of girlfriends came over all day Sunday to prepare a holiday brunch to serve 100 women the following a.m. at the Downtown Women's Shelter. By six we were sitting in front of the tree, stuffing treat bags, sipping champagne. We moved into the dining room for dinner, laughter (that Jen can sure tell a good tale), and girl talk usually reserved for romantic comedies. I don't often do brunch (a mimosa buzz can ruin my Sunday) but as a menu planning enthusiast, it was fun to plan this meal and have an excuse to try eggnog french toast. A big thanks to all of my gal pals who reminded me what this season is all about. Merry Christmas!!
The Menu

eggnog french toast
with cranberry apple compote

maple syrup glazed ham

rosemary russet and sweet potato hash

clementine and pomegranate seed salad

peppermint hot chocolate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and a great testimony that it is truly better to give than receive!

Post a Comment