June 25, 2010

Welcome Home

Last night we had Amy and David over to celebrate David and Greg's return from a month in South Africa. Their trip was heavy on meat with a real lack of veggies so I focused on all things fresh and summery. I broke my rule that I always have a chocolate dessert for David Jones in order to conduct a cobbler experiment. Cobblers seem to be the dessert of choice for summer dinner parties so I tried two new recipes from Rustic Fruit Desserts by Cory Schreiber and Julie Richardson. We were split on the verdict. Luckily, David brought me a stack of his chocolate chip cookies to satisfy my own chocolate cravings.
The Menu

sheep's cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes with basil

zucchini polenta cakes with creme fraiche and zucchini blossoms

saute of bacon, corn, cabbage, spring onions and porcini mushrooms
with sea scallops and brown butter vinaigrette

spicy mixed greens with cucumber and lemon vinaigrette

mixed berry cobbler with cornmeal biscuits
vs.
mixed berry slurry with buttermilk biscuits

1 comment:

AMELIA ALVAREZ said...

Did I mention we were coming to LA for a week or two in August? How many of these amazing meals can I get you to cook for me while I am there?

Post a Comment