June 22, 2010

Grilled Pizza Party

This really is heaven. Grilled pizzas are just sooooo good and they are another super easy summer entertaining idea. I kind of want it every night! I assembled all of my toppings and sauces ahead of time and grilled different combinations throughout the evening. I think I invented a new classic. My mom's go-to winter appetizer is roasted garlic with blue brie. We all go nuts for it. So for Father's Day I grilled a pizza topped with roasted garlic, brie, Rogue River blue cheese and caramelized red onions. Amazing. It couldn't be simpler. Roll out your dough to whatever size and shape you like, and throw it on the grill at around 350. Close the lid for a few minutes until the bottom of the dough turns a light golden brown. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil and flip the dough. Now you can put whatever sauce, toppings and cheese you want on the dough. Close the lid again and check in a few minutes until cheese melts and toppings are heated through. So easy and delicious. Next time I want to do a Nutella pizza for dessert.
The Menu

grilled asparagus

tomato, mozzarella, basil, vodka sauce pizza

morel mushrooms, thyme, ricotta, parmesan, pesto pizza

fennel salumi, mozzarella, basil, tomato sauce pizza

roasted garlic, caramelized red onion, brie, rogue river blue cheese pizza

tuscan melon with extra virgin olive oil and cracked pepper

affogatos with chocolate chip cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment