April 11, 2010

Idol Moment

This week I got to cater a dinner for thirty for the most amazing couple ever! Making and serving food in their beautiful home was a real treat. I was beyond intimidated when I found out that Suzanne Goin (my favorite LA chef) had sent over chicken and salmon to put out on the buffet alongside my food. Would anyone bother with my spread? It was the thrill of my life that people enjoyed my food and came back for more. For my food to be in the company of Suzanne Goin's was a real life moment for me.

The Menu

wild mushroom crostini with thyme
smoked trout on toasts with creme fraiche, beet horseradish and dill

braised beef short ribs with horseradish creme
pork tenderloin with ginger chutney and mustard
fennel salad with blood oranges, olive, mint
asparagus and snap pea salad with basil, walnuts, parmesan and vinaigrette
roasted carrots with lime and parsley
rosemary corn muffins

cookie platter:
strawberry shortcake, double chocolate espresso, lemon ricotta

1 comment:

Post a Comment